The Glenturret Triple Wood was judged the world’s top single malt Scotch whisky at the 2023 International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC), winning an Outstanding Gold medal with a score of 99.
We are delighted to announce The Glenturret 2022 Core Range picked up 5 new IWSC awards, including an Outstanding Gold score of 99 for The Glenturret Triple Wood alongside Gold medals for our Glenturret 10 & 15 Years Old and Silver medals for both our Glenturret 7 & 12 Years Old whiskies.
The Glenturret Triple Wood is a sweet and spicy yet soft whisky that builds on the distinctive fruity flavours of our new make spirit. Matured in American and European oak sherry seasoned casks alongside Bourbon barrels. The three different cask styles have been thoughtfully combined to create a whisky with an alluring golden colour and a delightful subtle character.
To receive the IWSC’s highest accolade of a Gold Outstanding medal, drinks need to be awarded an overall score of 98 points. The IWSC Judging panel described the Triple Wood as exhibiting:
A summer Turkish delight of sweet raisin, marmalade and orange blossom aromas with a rich fruitcake palate, hints of brown sugar and honey, with a creamy toffee texture on the finish.
- The Glenturret Triple Wood 2022 - Award Spirit Gold Outstanding 2023 - Score 99
- The Glenturret 15 Years Old 2022 - Award Spirit Gold 2023 - Score 95
- The Glenturret 10 Years Old 2022 - Award Spirit Gold 2023 - Score 95
- The Glenturret 7 Years Old 2022 - Award Spirit Silver 2023 - Score 94
- The Glenturret 12 Years Old 2022 - Award Spirit Silver 2023 - Score 90
A huge congratulations to our distillery team for this fantastic achievement!
Shop our 2022 Core Release Range here.