THE GLENTURRET DISTILLERY EVENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LAST UPDATED 3RD SEPTEMBER 2019
- CANCELLATION POLICY
Cancellations should be made in writing, should you require to cancel your booking with us the following policy will apply:
Time Before Event Cancellation Charge
Up to 30 days prior to the event 50% of the Total Estimated Charge
Within 30 days or less prior to the event 100% of the Total Estimated Charge
- The cancellation charges detailed above are expressed inclusive of any applicable VAT.
- In the event that the client cancels a booking that Glenturret Distillery has made on its behalf, for entertainment, audio visual equipment, furniture or otherwise, all cancellation charges shall be met by the client
- COULD GLENTURRET DISTILLERY CANCEL MY BOOKING?
Only in the following exceptional circumstances:
- If the site is closed due to events beyond our control
- If you, or we, become insolvent, or in the case of the individual, become apparently insolvent
- If the booking, the persons associated with booking and/or the purpose of the event might damage the reputation of Glenturret Distillery
- FINAL / CHANGES OF NUMBERS / EVENT AMENDEMENTS
- The client must notify Glenturret Distillery of final numbers 14 days prior to arrival date
- If this is not done the client will be charged for the last number received or the actual number of visitors whichever is the greater.
- Glenturret Distillery cannot guarantee to supply service to numbers of visitors in excess of the agreed final number if given less that 7 days notice.
- PAYMENT / DEPOSITS
- Glenturret Distillery reserves the right to ask for a deposit to confirm a booking and this will be detailed in the deposit schedule
- Credit account customers will be afforded payment terms of 14 days from date of invoice post event, such terms must be adhered to in order to maintain this credit facility.
- Should a deposit be outstanding more than 14 days from the date of request or remain outstanding on the date of the event, then Glenturret Distillery may treat the Confirmed Booking as being cancelled by the client, our Cancellation Policy will then be applied.
- Glenturret Distillery reserves the right to retain any payments previously made by the client in relation to the specific function in accordance with the Cancellation Policy.
- All payments requests and invoices must be paid in full without set off whatsoever
- Payments may be made by Cheque or BACS. We are happy to accept Mastercard, Visa or a Debit Card.
- CONDUCT OF GUESTS
- The client shall be responsible for the orderly conduct of their group and shall ensure that nothing shall be done which may constitute a breach of the law or in any way cause a nuisance or be an infringement
- You will indemnify us against any loss, damage, costs and expenses (including legal expenses) which we may suffer or incur and against any claims brought against us as a result of any act or omission of either you or your group or as a result of any defect in equipment supplied by either you or your guests.
- The client will be responsible for any damage to the property of Glenturret Distillery caused by it or its guests.
- UK law states that a person must be aged 18 and over to purchase alcohol. Glenturret Distillery policy is that alcohol will not be sold to anyone visiting as part of a school group, regardless of age. This includes drivers and teachers.
- Glenturret Distillery reserves the right to alter prices quoted if Glenturret Distillery’s costs are increased due to circumstances beyond our control such as arrival of the group beyond the agreed time. Any such price alterations will be kept to a minimum and will be notified to the client in advance.
- The client shall indemnify the company and its Directors, Officers and Employees against all charges, claims, damage, liabilities, proceedings, demands, fines, fees, costs or expenses (to include legal expenses) including but not limited to, loss or goodwill, loss of profit of opportunity suffered by Glenturret Distillery directly and indirectly as a result of any breach of these Terms and Conditions of Trading and /or the negligence or wilful default of the client or any of its guests.
- The client shall ensure that it has sufficient insurance provision in place to meet any and all claims levelled against it; Glenturret Distillery reserves the right to request a copy of client’s insurance details in advance of an event to satisfy itself that sufficient cover is in place.
- Glenturret Distillery may cancel an event if it does not consider that sufficient insurance provision is held by a client in order to indemnify the company fully.
- Glenturret Distillery may rescind its contract with the client if it is prevented, hindered or delayed from performing any of its obligations under the contract by a Force Majeure event.
- Glenturret Distillery accepts no responsibility for items left or stored during any visit. The client should ensure that they have sufficient insurance provision in place to meet any and all claims levelled against it and shall indemnify the company and its Directors, Officers and Employees against all charges, claims, damage, liabilities, proceedings, demands, fines, fees, costs or expenses.
- USE OF INFORMATION
- Information that we acquire from our clients will be treated as confidential and will not be disclosed other than in the normal course of performing services on our client’s behalf unless their consent has been obtained or the information is required by a Court of competent jurisdiction or is already in the public domain or it has been received from a third party whom we reasonably believe is permitted to supply such information to us.
- Information supplied by clients may be used for research and statistical purposes and may also be used to provide clients with information about products and services that we believe could be of interest. Clients may remove themselves from such mailings by writing to The Data Controller, Glenturret Distillery, The Hosh, Crieff, Perthshire PH7 4HA.