Our Two Michelin Star Glenturret Lalique Restaurant is offering a fantastic opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Sommelier.
Enjoy working in our 7 table restaurant, open for lunch, dinner and drinks from Wednesday to Saturday. Our bar lunch offers a relaxed setting, with A La Carte, sharing style menus. In the evening, we serve a multi-course tasting menu in the restaurant. Guests are also welcome for whisky flights or drinks, served in our Lalique bar and lounge.
Our Executive Chef, Mark Donald, cooks both seasonal and contemporary food, alongside his talented kitchen team. Our front of house are a team of passionate, proud and focused individuals, who apply great attention to detail to exceptional quality food and wines.
In the role of Assistant Sommelier, you will be expected to work effectively as part of a team providing support to the Head Sommelier within all aspects of the beverage service in the restaurant.
If you love being part of a motivated team and thrive in a busy environment, we would like to hear from you.
- A passion for wines and beverages
- Proven work experience as a Sommelier, or similar role in a high quality, fine dining or Michelin Star Restaurant
- The ability to create tasteful food and wine pairings
- Have a strong knowledge of vineyards and wineries; including a good understanding of the winemaking process
- Good communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Have a positive attitude
- Must be a team player
- Familiarity with Alcohol restrictions or laws. Compliance alcohol training will be given.
- Being warm, friendly, and professional
- Possess an understandable level of English; spoken and written
What is on offer for you:
- Fantastic career and development prospects (including wine and whisky courses)
- 37 days holiday per year (Pro rata)
- Double-matched workplace pension
- Death in service assurance
- Uniform supplied
- Generous on-site discounts within The Glenturret gift shop, The Lalique Boutique, The Glenturret Café, and The Lalique Restaurant
- Tronc scheme
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discount on gym membership
- Access to the Glenturret Branded Portal offering external discounts in numerous retailers, travel, entertainment, fashion, health and beauty, food, and drink
- Access to an employee assistance programme
- Use of the Association of Scottish Visitor Attraction membership cards (ASVA)
To apply for this opportunity please email a current CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below. A full job description is available on request.
Closing date for applications is Friday 16 February 2024.